Malvern Central School celebrate Footy Colours Day
Schools around Australia are really getting behind Footy Colours Day this year and are coming up with clever ways of helping kids with cancer continue with their education.
One school to already celebrate Footy Colours Day is Malvern Central School – who raised more than $11,000 to help kids with cancer continue with their education by:
- Holding a school-wide raffle
- Approaching local businesses for gift vouchers and items for raffle prizes
- Approaching football clubs for official signed merchandise
- Creating Footy Colours Day learning activities such as a ‘Design your own jerseys competition’ and ‘Design a banner’ classroom challenges
- Holding football themed outdoor activities
- Gold coin donation from students to wear their footy colours
- Sausage sizzle
“It’s great seeing the kids have a really good day and enjoying getting out and doing physical activity and wearing their footy colours,” said Malvern Central School teacher Chelsea Lewis.
You can read about Malvern Central Schools Footy Colours Day celebrations last year here.
Check out the pictures from Malvern Central Schools Footy Colours Day!